During the summer, as many people are, I am a regular at my local beach. With going to the beach comes the need for the necessary items that just have to come with me on the trip, from sunscreen, a hair tie, to a soft and snuggable hoodie.
Whether you go alone or with friends to the beach, here is everything that you will need!
The Bag: Mesh Beach Tote Handbag in Navy by Target, $9.99
This bag will hold everything you need and more!
1. Sunscreen (shown here: Sun Bum SPF 70 Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion,$15.99)
With its high SPF, this sunscreen will keep you burn & peel free when you are out in the sun!
2. Lip Balm with SPF (shown here: Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care SPF 15, $2.99)
The lips are one of the worst places to get burned, so be prepared with a SPF lip balm!
3. Wide – Brimmed Hat (shown here: Boho Doll Panama Hat from Forever 21, $12.80)
For more protection, wear a hat to protect your face and hair!
4. Sunglasses (shown here: Heart-Shaped Sunglasses from Forever 21, $5.80, additional pouch: Daisy Print Sunglasses Pouch from Forever 21, $3.80)
To protect your eyes from the sun, keep an inexpensive pair and a pouch in your bag!
1. Oil-Blotting Sheets (shown here: Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (50 ct.), $4.89)
To get rid of sweat and oils, be sure to blot your face with these sheets!
2. Tinted Moisturizer (shown here: Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream, $7.50)
For light coverage after a long day at the pool, apply a BB cream to your face!
3. Powder (shown here: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent, $5.49)
To keep your skin from getting oily, apply a transparent powder after smoothing on a BB cream.
4. Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (shown here: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo, 24 hour Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze, $5.99)
For a quick eye look, dab this cream waterproof eyeshadow on your lids!
5. Waterproof Mascara (shown here: Covergirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black, $7.99)
To keep your eyelashes dark & curled at the beach, wear a waterproof mascara!
6. Tinted Lip Balm (shown here: Nyx Butter Lip Balm in Parfait, $4.00)
To save time (and money!), apply a tinted lip balm on your cheeks & lips for a sheer wash of color!
7. Hair Brush (shown here: Tangle Teezer Salon Elite Hair Brush in Purple Crush, $12.19 from Amazon)
This amazing brush will keep your hair untangled and smooth, and will not break your hair after you’ve been in the ocean!
8. Body Mist (shown here: Pink by Victoria’s Secret Sun Kissed Body Mist, $18.00)
If you are going somewhere after a long day at the beach, apply some body mist to cover up any “scents” that you may have picked up hehe:)
9. Body Lotion (shown here: VS Fantasies Mango Temptation Ultra-Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream $14.00)
The salt from the sea can be drying, so a thick lotion like this one will keep your skin smooth and moisturized!
10. Hair Ties (shown here: Scünci No-Damage Thick Hair Elastics, $3.99)
It sucks when you need a hair tie but don’t have one, so bring a pack for you and your friends!
11. Makeup Bag (shown here: Lipstick Addict Cosmetic Bag in Mint/Black by Forever 21, $6.80)
To hold all of your beauty goodies, pack them all in a cute makeup bag, such as this one!
1. Swimsuit (shown here: Victoria’s Secret Ruffle Halter Top in Cloud Tie Dye, $13.99 Bottoms: Victoria’s Secret Cheeky Hipkini Bottom in Berry Bliss, $8.99)
Pack a swimsuit whether you think you’ll be going in the ocean or not, just in case:)
2. Cover-up (shown here: Floral Maxi Skirt from Forever 21, $19.80 – Crop Top: Cropped Muscle Tee from Forever 21 in Black, $4.80)
If you are going out after the beach, be sure to pack a cute cover-up that is appropriate for going out, such as this adorable maxi skirt and crop top, both from Forever 21.
3. Hoodie (shown here: AEO Drapey Knit Hoodie in Cupcake Green, American Eagle, $34.95)
If it’s getting cold outside, bundle up in a soft hoodie to keep warm!
4. Flip Flops (shown here: Cross-Toe Flip Flops from Forever 21 in Black, $8.80)
To walk around pain-free at the beach, wear these flip-flops while strolling about!
1. Flavored Water (shown here: Lacroix Water in Peach Pear, $11 for 12)
Plain water can get boring, so try Lacroix! These waters are virtually calorie, sugar, and sodium-free, and come in a variety of lovely flavors!
2. Snacks (shown here: KIND Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, $15 for 12)
If you can’t decide between salty and sweet, try these! These bars taste amazing and are also quite healthy!
3. Gum (shown here: Trident Layers Wild Strawberry and Tangy Citrus Gum, $3 pack for 3)
Gum is always good to have around, and this is my favorite flavor!
1. Something to Read (shown here: latest issues of Seventeen and Teen Vogue)
I personally can’t focus on a book while chilling at the beach, so magazines are perfect for me!
2. Bubbles ( shown here: Gazillion 32 oz. Bubbles from Amazon, $9.99)
Bubbles were fun when you were young, and they’re still fun now! Whether you think you’ll use these or not, they’re still great to have around!
3. Towel (shown here: Chevron Beach Towel Target, $14.99)
Everyone needs a towel to dry off or to lie on the sand, and this is mine!
4. Your phone, keys and money!
You can listen to music and play games on your phone, buy ice cream from the van with some money, and keys to get back into your car and house!
Let me know in the comments down below if I’ve forgotten anything, and have fun at the beach!
With love, Aspen:)
Disclaimer: I do not own the pictures or music used in this post, and all rights go to their rightful owners. I am not affiliated with any of the brands and/or companies mentioned in this post, nor is this post sponsored.